Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Spykids 4

It really wasn't my choice of movie but I had nothing else to do in the hot Monday afternoon so I thought I'd give it a shot. What a shot it had been - multiple pellets from a double barrel shotgun straight to my intellect!

I paid RM8 for the movie in Megalong, Dongongon, Sabah, and armed with a popcorn and a drink for another RM6.50 I hastily entered the cineplex hall expecting a good treat. Hey, wouldn't wanna miss Jessica Alba..

Before the actual movie got reeled out onto the screen we were introduced to a purportedly new 'sense'-sation technology - a smell card with 8 smell flavor. We were supposed to scratch on the allotted number when the number start flashing on the screen so we would experience a sense of being immersed in the scene. Well, the cards were not handed to us.

First minute into the movie and my intellect was already on the high speed cruise downhill. I understand the producers wanted the characters to be funny but attempting to be funny and at the same time maintaining the thrill and action seemed to be the missing ingredient throughout the whole movie.

Where are the mind blowing and awesome gadgets and the fast paced action that was what made the previous Spykids movies so successful? And what's with the overuse of the fart scenes? Even the kids characters are seen trying so hard to be adorable.

Even though Jessica Alba's the only reason for my sacrifice of RM14.50 it still doesn't compensate for the agony of having my intellect degrade over the hour and 20 minutes.

However, I would recommend it to all 7 years and below before they realize that they've been duped!

No comments:

Post a Comment