Friday, May 30, 2008

Online Driving License Renewal

Techology can make life much easier and simpler if it's well-designed. But I have seen how technology is often misinterpreted and becomes a tool (or rather 'victim') for entrepreneurs to make a fast buck, and, instead of saving cost and energy, end-users are paying a high price adopting some s0-called technology that is not up to specifications and involve high maintenance in cost and manpower. Well, that's what I see happening ..

Whatever, I'm grateful for some quarters implementing useful technology that benefits a lot of people, like the MyEG Services. Finally, I dare say that I no longer have to physically go to any counter to renew my driving license, road tax renewal, pay bills, and lots more. Well, except for the postal department where I still need to collect my parcel in present everytime I received the notification from the postman that I wasn't home during his round.

My driving license expired 2 weeks ago and I was only too happy to take the opportunity to log in to MyEG website and had my license renewed. Paid for a year's license and aditional rm5 for delivery and rm2 for service charge. My license was delivered after 3-5 days by courier. No hassle there!

No comments:

Post a Comment