Thursday, December 13, 2012

Pineapple Tarts for Christmas

Ahh.. Don't you just love the smell of Christmas round the corner? 


Well, today Christmas smells like pineapple tarts. No, not just any pineapple tarts, but the ones my wife makes are the only ones I love the best! 

There's something about the pastries that I just can't stop myself from whacking them. Don't get me wrong, I love the pineapple tart on it too, cos they're made from fresh pineapples, not the ones you find vacuum-packed and kept on some supermarket shelf. Those would taste of commercial crap.. yucks!
Pingates

Made from fresh ripe pineapple. 
Just look at it, all cooked and mashed up..


From batter to dough.
Then nicely shaped and molded to fit right into the opening of the mouth..


Scoop the mashed pineapple onto the center of the tarts.
Finish up with egg yolk coating - ready for the oven..


After 30 minutes you can smell it already..
(Please wait till they cool down..)


Close-up view. 
Not big enough for you? 
Click to view bigger! Smell it!


Next stop - cranberry cookie..

HyperSmash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment