Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Working invisible

Today was like one of those hectic days and I realised I was working in invisible form. My staff is on 2 days leave so she's physically not here. But being physically here and invisible at the same time is what I summarised my situation at the end of the day.

The morning in the office started with phones ringing requesting for IDs, password reset, clarification, solution to internet access problem, and whatnots. As if being engaged on one line is not enough I had to bear the beeping sound from the receiver indicating callers on hold. I was working like a mad person at times, rushing to collect printouts and back to my workstation, answering calls one after the other.
More often than not I'm not able to get things done cos as soon as I'm midway into some work something else, urgent, would come to me requiring immediate attention. Can't work like this anymore. Soon I wouldn't be able to live like this. Amidst all the display of tension from me it looked like no one else notice my predicament. I wonder if they could if they hear a loud thud on my table one fine day! Well, hope it won't come to that..

No comments:

Post a Comment