Thursday, February 7, 2008

Uneventful Chinese New Year

Today is the 1st day of Chinese New Year and today marks an uneventful day for me except for a visit from a friend from the City Council.

I think for most of us the Chinese NY celebration is no longer an exciting event after the Govnt banned the display of firecrackers and similar stuff deemed 'dangerous'. Oh wonderful! we have our big fat papas and mamas running our lives, dictating what and how we should celebrate our festivals. Meanwhile some top guns who rake in ringgit in thousands, or even millions, without 'earning' them are having a great ball of time somewhere and living their lives to the max!

The irony is that the firecrackers are banned during the Chinese NY season while it is very rampant during other festivities!

When I woke up this morning I told myself that I'll take this one day and spoil myself with movies, DVDs, naps, lazing on the couch, and whatever, cos tomorrow I have to start working on my assignments if I wish to have a better future. So that's what I did the whole day. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment