Thursday, May 14, 2009

Book Review: Rendezvous with RAMA

Rendezvous with RAMA - This is one heck of a story I should have read during my younger days when my love for Sci-Fi novels was just blooming! Took me some years to actually buy it after having bypassed it several times, thinking it would not be that interesting. Well, it was mind blowing! Had to reassemble all the pieces of my mind to gear up for 3 sequels, and each sequel was even more exploding than the former. Never in my entire reading history had I emmersed my soul and mind into these stories so deep that when I finished the last book I felt so lost after having emerged back into the real world, earth, present day.
Written by Arthur C. Clarke, this Hugo and Nebula Award-Winning Novel is a MUST for Sci-Fi lovers, not to be bypassed. Mr Clarke is one of the gurus of Sci-Fi and well reknown for his imaginative and surrealistic depiction of the future and alien encounter that sets one's mind into the wildest dream and unthinkable experience the moment one shuts out all pre-conceived and logical mindset.
Each progressive step into the story brings pieces of revelation of the characteristics of the alien creators and their intelligence beyond any human measure. And each step closer into the heart of RAMA brings the astronauts closer to the alien reality and the danger that lurks among the shadows of the alien territory.
Wait till you get to the sequels:
  • RAMA Revealed - by Arthur C. Clarke and Gentry Lee
  • RAMA II - by Arthur C. Clarke and Gentry Lee
  • The Garden Of RAMA - by Arthur C. Clarke and Gentry Lee

These nail-biting sequels will reveal the aliens of vast intelligence who created machines and worlds in space ships of inconcievable proportion, how humanity are forced to co-exist with them, and the journey and survival of one ordinary woman of immense inner strength. I guarantee if you love Sci-Fi these books are not to be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment