Saturday, February 26, 2011

Journal - Home to Sabah : Day 1

It,s really great to be home. Last time I checked it was in year 2008 December. Thanks to Irene I managed to grab a very cheap price - RM136 for a return trip. In fact, she persuaded me to go home and spend some time with my parents.

But the week preceding my trip was a very terrible one. Work tension, resulting in terrible pain at the back of my neck the whole week. just couldn't get my backlog cleared as there were too many office issues that kept demanding my attention. Even till the yesterday, I only left my office at 9pm!

Slept at 1am, got up by 4:20am - left home 5:15am to Sentral Station. Sky bus began journey to airport at 6 and I was worried if I would miss the flight at 8am. When we reached at 7:15 I rushed to check in and still had time for nasi lemak with coffee before going through the boarding gate.

Flight took off on time at 8. Travelled at 35,000ft in the clear weather. I was worried of the pressure pain on my neck which I usually suffer in the past, but this time I was lucky. Tried to get some sleep but the angle of the seat was not very accomodating.

The plane touched down at 10:30 and I only waited about 15-20 mins for my baggage to arrive. my sister, Juliana, came half an hour later to pick me up, together with Junior and Aci. I was hungry and needed to spend some time in KK town before going home to my parent's place. I needed to breath the air there, to immerse myself in the heart of KK town. So we had something to eat in town. Since Juliana had to pick up Junaidi from La Salle school in KK we dropped by an eatery near the beach at Tg Aru. Junaidi had some outdoor activity in Lok Kawi and was on the was back to the school.

By the time we reached my parent's home it was 1:40pm. Hugged my mum. After she woke my dad up I went to hug him too. He has grown a beard and has started to use the walking stick. I feel so sad to see him like this, especially after more than 2 years. Anyway, the weather's hot here. It's 3pm now after typing my journal and I'm off to take a short nap..

No comments:

Post a Comment