Saturday, June 4, 2011

Luck deserted me

Or rather, do I even have lady luck at all?

Last Monday I was issued a summons from a traffic cop. What's so bad about a summons? Well, it's one summons for 2 offences!

It was just after lunch at Imbi area and I committed the offense by making an illegal u-turn just like any other drivers would do to ease the traffic. Though it was a shortcut but it was like exercising our social responsibility by not adding one more car onto the jumble of vehicles trying to weave around the jam.

Two cops beckoned me to pull over and the closest one asked me if I knew what offense I'd committed, to which I just smiled and nodded. What benefit would I gain in acting dumb? So, out goes my driving license and ID while he began scribbling on his pad. I'm no expert in sweet-talking to cops so right then I began to accept my fate, and started counting down my income silently, for making the silly mistake of u-turn.

Just when I thought I had a budget allocated for the summons I was hit with a double whammy - he noticed that my driving license expired on 17 May! There goes one more addition into the piece of summons!

Why couldn't they make themselves more useful than summoning corporate lunch goers! The real criminals are out there, terrorizing our neighbors, and here these cops going after non-criminal law breaking offenders who are just taking a lunch break!

No comments:

Post a Comment