Sunday, June 19, 2011

Movie: The Green Lantern

Happy Father's Day to all dads!

My family had no choice but to grant my Father's Day wish to go watch The Green Lantern in Wangsa Walk today. Well, actually, they didn't mind at all.

Just yesterday Rachel and I were reading several reviews of the movie and 90% pitted against it. Nevertheless, we chose to go for it against the better judgement of these reviewers.

The movie was truly enjoyable and had several funny moments, like Thor. I thought Ryan Reynolds played his character well. The movie cleverly exploits his inner fear masked by his duty to put on a brave front, only to be surfaced when put to real test, and was about to give everything up and walk away until the girl he loved showed him how his fear can be surmounted by courage.

Don't believe what the reviewers say about too much green or aliens with a fish head or stuff. If you like comic book hero movies, even if you haven't read about the Green Lantern, you'll not get lost. There are characters with certain shortcomings whom you can associate with, there's romance, though not heavy, and there's action, but not too much of it. It's likable and enjoyable, well, so far, for me and my family.

Take a break from the office stress. Go watch it!

1 comment:

  1. I must confess... I only heard of Green Lantern somewhere this year. Maybe the American did not push it hard enuff to this part of world

    ReplyDelete