Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Home Trip Day 1 - Monday 15th

Finally, I'm home in Sabah! This time it'll be 11 days relaxation compared to 6 days in February.

Took the LRT from Wangsa Maju at 8:45am as I carried only 1 baggage. No sense in making my wife drive me all the way to Sentral station when our government had spent billions in improving the transportation system, right? Still, I find the facilities are somewhat lacking in proper maintenance, which is actually not surprising, if you know what I mean..

Skybus left at 9:35 and reached LCCT at 10:35. I always wonder how the drivers keep the journey to exactly 1 hour each time I take the skybus.

At the airport my mind kept reeling what to do and where to go, just like a novice. They seemed to keep changing the system. One day they do away with the check-in counter and you find yourself lost even before midway of the terms and conditions print. So I asked the girl at the information counter if my web check-in printout was admissible and she smiled and nodded, giving me the feeling that I could be so dumb to have asked her such question. I thanked her and left, trying not to succumb to embarrassment, and made my way to the baggage screening, then headed to the baggage drop counter. There the staff checked my printout and issued me a boarding tag, and relief washed over me.

With that settled, and with so much time to kill I headed straight to McDonald's for breakfast at 10:55 after which I entered the waiting area. There I remembered I was supposed to take 2 Panadeine tablets which my doctor said would help relieve the throbbing pain of pressure in the veins at my neck during the flight. So I ordered cold Nescafe drink from Buy & Fly - cost me RM6 a medium-sized cup. It's not so bad compared the the ordinary doughnut which they're selling for a whopping RM4 per piece, can you imagine that! No wonder I was the only customer! And No, of course I did not buy the doughnut!

Plane took off at 12:50pm and immediately I began to feel nauseous. I've never felt like that before, except when I was, like, 10 years old. My head felt dizzy, and the intermittent constrictions in the muscles at my throat area caused me to almost vomit but I tried my best to ward off any thoughts of nausea. It was like that almost throughout the flight so I tried to sleep most of the time, and whenever the feeling of nausea came I would try to fight it off. After the plane landed it was such a big relief. I never wanted to feel like that again, ever..

Enough of my troubles during flight, here's the facts spoken by the captain - "..we're flying at 37,000km above sea level, weather in KK is sunny.." and when we landed at 2:15pm he announced that we are 10 minutes ahead of schedule. Bah! I think that's what they always say. Every flight to Sabah that I've been always take 2 hours 15 minutes and here he's crediting himself by being 10 minutes ahead!

Upon reaching home I wished my parents, washed up and after a cup of hot nescafe my brother in law dropped me off at Dongongon at 4:30. Had yeemee at a Chinese coffee shop and tea, RM7+. That was my late lunch and it was not so tasty. After that I walked around the shops a little and ended up in Megalong shopping centre just browsing around. Still not many shops are occupied and most of the existing ones do not seem to be doing well. By 6:20 I left the place and started walking home. The weather was so beautiful and almost getting dark. Took me only 15 minutes to reach home.

Went out with my sister Juliana and her family at 8:30pm for dinner at Fook Yuen cafe where we had noodles and dim sum. The dim sum were really tasty, tastier that most that I'd tried in KL and it costs only RM3 per dish of 3.

I had so much of energy today I wasn't even tired at all. Could be the calmness effect of being hundreds of miles away from office, huh? Tomorrow? Well, maybe I'll go for Captain America in the afternoon. Maybe with my brother Roy since he's not got a job yet since July.
Well let's see how tomorrow will play out..


No comments:

Post a Comment