Thursday, November 8, 2007

Linda and her Surroundings: Spider Story

Linda and her Surroundings: Spider Story - Click to read ..

Phew! Not easy to find someone who shares your phobia in spiders. When I read Linda's story I literally shudder and forced myself to read her post till the end.

Why am I afraid of spiders, I do not know. When I was a young living in Brunei I used to be terrified of daddy long-legs and spiders that camouflaged themselves on long weeds where I had to cross about 10 meters before I reach the main road for my transport to school.

My teenager life was spent in Labuan, Sabah and big spiders would ocassionally crawled out from under our wooden shelf. These I had the pleasure of letting my sister exterminate them while I conveniently sprinted for safe haven.

Now, in KL, every morning when I have to open the front gate to bring the car out, I had to place my hand up before my head all the way to the gate just so I don't get spider web caught onto my face. It always happens when I least expected it and I really hate spider webs.

Earlier this year as I was travelling home along the highway from Bangi (38km from home) I felt a spider running along my right arm. Instantly I flicked it away with my left arm, pulled over at the side and quickly got out and started to blindly chase it away. I wasn't sure I was successful cos the road were lit only by street lights. Cars were just whizzing past by but I didn't care. Anyway, it took me some moments to gather my courage before I started back into my car and drove home hoping and wishing it wouldn't appear again.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for coming over to my blog. I dread a spider coming into my car when I am driving. And when I go jogging in the evening I avoid big gum trees where I know they hang from.

    I have been known to stop my car at the traffic lights and just get out of the car waiting for someone to help.

    I understand EXACTLY your fear.

    ReplyDelete