Tuesday, October 9, 2007

10 bucks and 4 chickens

Here's a classic whenever I think of my sis, a year older to me and living in Sabah. When we were like 8-9 years old and living in Seria, Brunei, mum sent us on an errand to buy 4 pieces of chicken wings with B$10.00, from town less than a mile from home. Good kids that we were, we happily and proudly carried out our task.

But guess what awaited us when we reached home? A BIG SLAP **SMACK!! on both our cheeks, left and right, topped with 120 dB of vocal abuse followed by the inevitable showers of baby tears rolling down our cheeks! I don't blame mum, you see, cos' instead of chicken wings, we walked home each carrying 2 packs of frozen whole chickens, and even had the extra to reward ourselves with a cone of ice-cream each, which we were still licking before we even realised what hit us! Yea... come to think I missed that kind of smacking..

No comments:

Post a Comment