Sunday, October 7, 2007

Where is my Rose to embrace?

I always believe that life is a rose garden. No matter if you are in a bad situation or you feel that life is just not workin' out for you the rose garden is where you'll always be and will be until life takes a 180 degree turn and stops.

Are you one of those people who doesn't like roses because of the thorns? Well, I'm one of them. They bother me, I mean the thorns. My wife would prune our rose plant every Saturday and pluck the best rose for our vase. Most of the time I don't give a hoot about its beauty but would readily agree when asked upon. In fact, I find it very difficult to stop and adore its beauty without being mindful to the thorns, always ready to prick on those who dare defile it!

I know some people, of which some are friends, who are living a life seemingly surrendered to everlasting pain and suffering. I don't mean those in real physical pain and medically suffering, may God bless them. I mean their lives are not that bad actually, but they constantly see themselves as suffering. They loathe at me and reiterated that life is never like a rose garden. But you see, they fail to realise that amidst the thorns are the beauty and majestic rose, unfolding petals of blessings to those who lovingly embrace it, if, and only if, they can look and see beyond the seemingly insurmountable thorns.

Just have to look for your blessing, is all. It's out there, only waiting for you to recognise it for what it truly is, and to reach out and grasp it, and when you have grasp it, embrace it like you never want it to go away. It will stay with you, and within you. For if you are truly grateful for even the smallest blessing you will be ready for the full bloom of the rose that which lives in your rose garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment