Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Stars! Have you ever wonder?


Have you ever behold the wonder of stars? I mean 'actually' wonder how stars looked like, how celestial they are to our mere existence? When I was a teenager living on an island (which conveniently disappears in any world map!) and the night sky is usually clear, I used to spent my time looking through my bro's binoculars lying down on my dad's makeshift bench (oh yes, I do put the binoculars to good use, well, after the day's voyeuring!). The awesome feeling that overcame me couldn't be described in words. Really makes you feel you are out there, somewhere, so alone, yet so serene..

If you live in a city all this while you'll hardly get to appreciate the night sky cos it's always reflected by the city lights obscuring the heavens beyond. Well, don't fret, here's what you can do to get to see your very own stars:
  • go and annoy someone next to you till you get whacked - that way you'll get to see stars happily chirping around your vision! Well, they don't make cartoon characters see stars out of baseless fact. In fact when I get up immediately from squatting too long or from crawling on all fours too long I do see stars blinking. If you don't that's because you're better off healthier than me.

  • you've already seen one up close when you look at the sun. A star, by definition, is a celestial body that emits light due to its nuclear 'burning', unlike planets or moon which only reflect light.
It's not important if you don't have the time to look at stars like I did, I don't blame you. But whoever you may be don't be like the moon or planets that reflect light from others, but rather, be the source of light that shines out to others. Keep your fire burning, it may someday light up someone else life!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mr. Labour Pain, I've a boss who like to reflect lights. Everyday he really keep me fire up. His light so strong that I've nowhere to hide. Today he sent machai to toilet to drag me out. As I typing this I so fed up. I am now lighting a ciggie & blow it all out...

    ReplyDelete