Sunday, October 7, 2007

Give a man a fish..

Funny that some people can claim to be an expert in this field. They'll readily offer advice and expert opinion after I handed some small cash to beggars who come my way. And they'll bank on the famous Chinese proverb, Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

What the beggar does with my money I do not care. Friends may eagerly depart their 'wisdom' before realising that you are not born yesterday. Sometimes they follow a code but do not realise its meaning, as long as it does not involve dispensing with their hard earned cash. Oh they'll get to keep their money and claim to have spared the beggar from further destruction on cheap alcohol or weeds. But which part of assistance have they rendered? Nothing! Blatant ignorance of those who seek help!

As for me I will continue to offer some form of cash, if I'm not able to assist long term, and hope whatever little help I give will go a distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment